Friday, April 1, 2011

I've been...poisoned!?

So yeah, it was poison ivy after all. I don't want to post Up-Close &Nasty pictures of my sores or my flaking-like-a-Grands-biscuit-(but without the grease)-scratched-up skin where I've just annihilated it in my sleep to have the pain overshadow the itch which is so much way worse. More way worse. Whatever. Worse.
So I am trying to catch up on a lot of posts I'd planned out and took pics for before I was so rudely interrupted (coughing in Mother Earth's direction then realizing stupidly that its all her direction.)

I'm trying not to hold it against Springtime that this happened to me, but it sucks!! I am so bad anyway about scratching when I have chiggers or mosquito bites or anything like that so this is just a million times worse for me.


One thing I did before this crap happened was make a yummy "pie-apple" out of some granny smiths and a pre-made dough. Cause I'm not trying to prove nothing here. It was so good. We kinda had already started picking at it when I took this picture. It got much worse.


A granny smith "pie-apple," made and later devoured by yours truly.
I'm an animal!



The Ove Glove in the pic keeps up my zombie housewife schtick.




Some cool and most definitely homemade skateboards I've scooped recently while thrifting.
Two boards, Two boys.
Looks like mommy's putting that "future skateboard fund" money
back into the "parent's date night" piggybank.
One of them says "Hunter" but we can knock the letters off easily enough.
Nobody will ever notice the difference between this and the "store bought" boards...right?



Some construction project my kids started then abandoned.
Like they say... like mommy like son.
(Sheesh, I gotta move these bricks now?)





oldies but goodies, but brown and too big.
(wonk wonk...
)


So I found these green beauts the other day and first off, they are my size (maybe a hair big but thats better than my current pair like them which are a bit small and thats always worse than too big). So yeah, they fit me and they are GREEN! Which is so rad cause its like the ultimate full circle moment. I guess I should explain further. First off, the green color is part of our branding for Fat Rolls(TM) so its always fun to get into green like this. Second, I personally have a theory that the style on the right pushed out the one on the left because they were on the scene around the same time and I guess one just became more popular than the other. But why give up on the bamboo soled one? Why let that awesome geta style dreamboat just go by the wayside? Not acceptable. So after searching for years and years for another pair like them I decided to make them my dang self and it was then another couple years or so before we really even took the first step to do that. They've waited so long, guys. So its finally their chance to get back on the scene and allow the world to rediscover this awesome version of a beloved fave. The geta style bamboo soled flip flop.
Is there any more perfect shoe? I think not.


Since the green pair was vintage and a bit dirty/used/worn,
I decided when I did this I'd use one of my used Fat Rolls (TM) to represent FRs so its a Fair Fight!!
Who cares really?? This is simply a cleverly styled photograph, no real fighting took place.

But if it had...


"Don't let the Saucer Magnolia fool ya.
My ass is from the projects!..."



Speaking of shoes...

My first real signage.
Ballin'!


I got the rest of my shoes in from Thailand, only took an extra 10 days in Miami to get them brokered through but they're here! Here are some of the new styles I am going to be listing more of in the coming days on my Etsy shops here and here.

This one is more purple toned in person and you can't see it
but its a paisley textured velveteen.
Love this shoe or else.



Some kinda textured black velveteen.
Goth on Holiday.




Silver Lady with Pink Roots. Bad to the Bone.


You can barely see it here but this velveteen is a silvery gray but has deep pink undertones in the velveteen so that you can see them up close and with normal movement. Pretty sweet effect. Let the pink peek through my silver? That's just flat out tough.
Now I wish I had silver hair with pink roots!!


Purple Haze and Gold Maze.
The extreme and almost cliche luxury of satin against a
natural and exfoliatingly rough baby bamboo sole.


Something for the Aspiring Slacker-Reluctant Artist Hybrids or pretty much anyone else who has good taste and appreciates supreme comfort.
You checkin' this satin out? Against a rough bamboo weave?
Its downright aberrant. But amazing. Aberrant but Amazing. You heard it here first.

So I gotta run. Tried to cram too much in one.
Post, that is.



smell ya later...
rr